Question by jaime y: Do states have reciprocity with regard to K12 teaching certification?
I have a master’s degree in TESOL, however, I do not have a K12 teaching certificate. Currently, I teach adults. I am wondering if it would be worthwhile financially to get a K12 teaching degree. I currently live in MIchigan (where the profession is being hit hard) and I am willing to relocate. However, I don’t know if a Michigan teaching degree will be accepted anywhere else in the U.S. If not, it might be a waste of time to get a K12 certification.

Best answer:

Answer by Blair
Yes, many states offer reciprocity. I would suggest taking a look at It will offer you the reciprocity stats on all 50 states.

I hope this helps!

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!